MapMyRun issues continue

I updated to the latest version of mapmyrun after the last failed run but the new version also has issues. Two basic problems seem to be that it isn’t getting good GPS values and that it is even getting the timing of the run wrong. This second problem is the big one for me… They may try to say the phone is having problems with the GPS, but if the timer is off then I’m pretty sure that’s an issue with their code. This time I’ll do a hardware reset and an uninstall/reinstall of the app.

Today I also ran the nike+ app in the background (doesn’t use GPS) so I could get some reliable data. I ran 10miles with an 8:29 pace in a time of 1:24:51, whereas mapmyrun seems to think that I did 16miles in 52:29 at a pace of 3:16. It should have a ‘stupidity filter’ on the data it publishes, really!

Anyway, today’s run was great. Out and back on one of my preferred routes. I actually saw someone else running and was 300 meters behind her for about 3 miles. She was going ever so slightly faster than I was which is a good thing because I didn’t want her to think I was following. My arms were moving straight and feet felt fine, but I am aware that I am using the outside edges of my feet too much. Mentally it is an adjustment for me to be doing long runs on a Sunday as this was my normal cycling day.

So, that’s the end of week 1 of the 16 week marathon training plan. I missed the first run due to illness and sub-zero temps, but others have been fine. While I was out running the ten miler today the thought crossed my mind that in a few weeks time I’ll be running double this distance; yikes.

Just take it in your stride…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s